Monday, April 20, 2009
Touching Success Story Of Uk's Ugly Darling
Overnight, Susan Boyle has became someone that is so famous for her voice, she's receiving much more attention than any other contestants of Britain's Got Talent show.
Overlooked plain Jane turns overnight world sensation for her angelic voice
SHE'S never been kissed.
She's never had a boyfriend.
For all of her 48 years, she has lived largely unnoticed because of her plain looks.
All that changed with a single song.
Today, she is a world phenomenon, an overnight sensation whose voice wrought tears from cynical stars to hardened talk-show hosts.
Scottish charity worker Susan Boyle's performance of 'I Dreamed A Dream' on Britain's Got Talent show seven days ago has been downloaded from YouTube, played, replayed and relayed all over the world by millions of people.
More than 200 versions of her performance is on YouTube. At press time, one of them has been played for more than 19 million times.
Show creator Simon Cowell is now predicting a No.1 album in the US for Miss Boyle after announcing that Oprah Winfrey, America's leading talk-show host, had invited her to be on her programme, reported the Daily Mail.
Miss Boyle, who lives alone with her cat Pebbles for company, was also interviewed on top US breakfast show Good Morning America.
She has also been featured in newspapers around the world, including the front page of the Washington Post. Invariably, they would describe her as having the 'voice of an angel'.
The Washington Post said 'thanks to a digital flash flood in the media age', MissBoyle was 'suddenly a global sensation'.
The New Zealand Herald said: 'A middle-aged volunteer church worker with the voice of an angel is Britain's latest unlikely showbiz star.'
Hollywood actress Demi Moore said she was moved to tears, as was her actor husband Ashton Kutcher.
Moore, 46, added to the publicity after she talked about Miss Boyle's achievement on the internet.
Kutcher, 31, had posted a link on the social networking site Twitter, saying: 'This just made my night.'
American TV presenter Kathie Lee Gifford began crying as she watched Boyle's performance on the show.
To dry her eyes, the host had to grab a sock - being used for the next segment - to wipe away her tears.
Appearing on Good Morning America by satellite from Britain, Miss Boyle was asked by host Diane Sawyer if she wanted to change the way she looked.
'I'd like that,' Miss Boyle replied. 'I can't really believe this is happening.'
Cowell, the show's creator, said: 'If she went on Oprah, I think there's every chance Susan Boyle will have the No.1 album in America. I will predict that.'
Miss Boyle, who is unemployed, is now one of the favourites to win this series. Her powerful rendition of the Les Miserables song won her a standing ovation from the crowd when she performed.
Tired
But the tidal wave of interest has driven Miss Boyle into hiding.
Speaking from Miss Boyle's home in West Lothian, Scotland, her brother, John, said: 'All the attention has been quite an upheaval and she is quite tired. I have taken her away to let her have some peace and quiet before the next round.'
He added: 'I think part of her appeal is that behind the voice she is just such a nice and lovely person too. She... is delighted with everything that is going on.'
Miss Boyle, who is expected to sing Whistle Down The Wind in the next stage of the competition, told the Daily Mail: 'I'm just taking it one step at a time, but so far, I'm enjoying it immensely.'
Overlooked plain Jane turns overnight world sensation for her angelic voice
SHE'S never been kissed.
She's never had a boyfriend.
For all of her 48 years, she has lived largely unnoticed because of her plain looks.
All that changed with a single song.
Today, she is a world phenomenon, an overnight sensation whose voice wrought tears from cynical stars to hardened talk-show hosts.
Scottish charity worker Susan Boyle's performance of 'I Dreamed A Dream' on Britain's Got Talent show seven days ago has been downloaded from YouTube, played, replayed and relayed all over the world by millions of people.
More than 200 versions of her performance is on YouTube. At press time, one of them has been played for more than 19 million times.
Show creator Simon Cowell is now predicting a No.1 album in the US for Miss Boyle after announcing that Oprah Winfrey, America's leading talk-show host, had invited her to be on her programme, reported the Daily Mail.
Miss Boyle, who lives alone with her cat Pebbles for company, was also interviewed on top US breakfast show Good Morning America.
She has also been featured in newspapers around the world, including the front page of the Washington Post. Invariably, they would describe her as having the 'voice of an angel'.
The Washington Post said 'thanks to a digital flash flood in the media age', MissBoyle was 'suddenly a global sensation'.
The New Zealand Herald said: 'A middle-aged volunteer church worker with the voice of an angel is Britain's latest unlikely showbiz star.'
Hollywood actress Demi Moore said she was moved to tears, as was her actor husband Ashton Kutcher.
Moore, 46, added to the publicity after she talked about Miss Boyle's achievement on the internet.
Kutcher, 31, had posted a link on the social networking site Twitter, saying: 'This just made my night.'
American TV presenter Kathie Lee Gifford began crying as she watched Boyle's performance on the show.
To dry her eyes, the host had to grab a sock - being used for the next segment - to wipe away her tears.
Appearing on Good Morning America by satellite from Britain, Miss Boyle was asked by host Diane Sawyer if she wanted to change the way she looked.
'I'd like that,' Miss Boyle replied. 'I can't really believe this is happening.'
Cowell, the show's creator, said: 'If she went on Oprah, I think there's every chance Susan Boyle will have the No.1 album in America. I will predict that.'
Miss Boyle, who is unemployed, is now one of the favourites to win this series. Her powerful rendition of the Les Miserables song won her a standing ovation from the crowd when she performed.
Tired
But the tidal wave of interest has driven Miss Boyle into hiding.
Speaking from Miss Boyle's home in West Lothian, Scotland, her brother, John, said: 'All the attention has been quite an upheaval and she is quite tired. I have taken her away to let her have some peace and quiet before the next round.'
He added: 'I think part of her appeal is that behind the voice she is just such a nice and lovely person too. She... is delighted with everything that is going on.'
Miss Boyle, who is expected to sing Whistle Down The Wind in the next stage of the competition, told the Daily Mail: 'I'm just taking it one step at a time, but so far, I'm enjoying it immensely.'
Labels: Interesting News
and i Always do~