Monday, April 6, 2009
Follow-up on GS Food Poisoning: Miscarriage after rojak
Madam Rosiah Samat, 38, suffered acute pains in her stomach and was shuttling to the toilet at least six times before she started to bleed profusely. She also became very weak.
'It was pain like nothing else I felt before,' she told The Straits Times in Malay on Monday. 'I thought I was going to die.
'I could hear my children yelling 'Wake up, mummy! Wake up!' as I was falling unconscious. I told them to quickly call for the ambulance.'
Her 12-year-old daughter, Haidah Wahid, said that Madam Rosiah was covered in sweat and she was shivering all over. Shortly after, she fainted and was rushed to the KK Women's and Children's hospital where she was later told that she had suffered a miscarriage.
Madam Rosiah was warded there for two days and returned home on Sunday. Even though the worst was over, her stomach still felt painful.
It is unclear if the food poisoning had caused Madam Rosiah's baby to miscarry.
Source:Straits Times
Labels: Interesting News
and i Always do~